Friday, July 1, 2011

Graphing Lesson

I love to combine data collecting, graphing, and technology into one lesson. I have my students work with a partner, collect data about something of their choice, and figure out which type of graph would be best to show their data. Once the data is collected and the partners have decided which graph type to use, I take them to the computer lab, and I teach them how to use Excel to make a graph from their data. In the past, I have used my own computer hooked up to the projector to show the students how to do this. I have just learned how to use a new tutorial program (Adobe Captivate 5.5) that could also be used to illustrate the steps from data to graph. A link to my tutorial can be found on my UEN page at this link: http://my.uen.org/82232.
The students love this lesson, and it is a great tie-in to technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment